Translate

Monday 10 December 2018

BLOG -- Weekly Thoughts #4 -- Joker as DLC in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate; Persona 3 Dancing in Moonlight

I was... heavily debating whether to blog this week or not, 'cuz things have been so busy for me lately. There are too many things to do and not enough time to do them! This entry may not be interesting for you. u___u;

Joker as DLC in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate
So... a couple days ago, I found out that Joker from Persona 5 would be a DLC character for Super Smash Brothers Ultimate. The moment I saw this piece of news, I was floored like you couldn't believe! I was super shocked -- and also super excited. Even though Nintendo and Atlus have collaborated on a video game in the past, I never imagined this would ever happen. Because... the Super Smash Brothers games are family-friendly and Persona games are not... Persona games are edgy, twisted, sometimes light, but often dark and dealing with mature themes (some of the reasons why I love the Persona games). 

I really hope this helps in creating more awareness for the Persona games. Even though I think it's popular and well-known, it might actually still be a niche series, especially for the younger audience (if I'm wrong, please prove me wrong! I'll be happy if you do). 

Whenever Joker is released, I'm gonna do my best to main him! Now I just need to get myself a Switch... and the actual game... or I'll just crash a friend's place and main him that way, hahaha... :3


Persona 3 Dancing in Moonlight
Well, I got Persona Dancing: Endless Night Collection for the PS4 this week. It's a collection which contains Persona 3 Dancing in Moonlight, a digital copy of Persona 4 Dancing All Night, and Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight. These are spin-off rhythm games featuring the characters and arranged / remixed music from their respective game. Since I usually like starting from the beginning, I started playing Persona 3 Dancing in Moonlight.

My initial impressions of the game are... well... just okay. I love that I can listen to the Japanese voicing with English subtitles. I love that I can interact with various characters, especially with Mitsuru. I love that the characters dance (even though I'm too busy pressing notes to really see them dancing), but... the song list itself just isn't cutting it for me all that much. I think out of all the songs I've played so far (over 20 songs I think), there are around 3-4 songs that I really, really enjoy.

Despite the song list, though, I'm gonna keep at it -- I want to try to get the Platinum trophy, or as close as I can to the Platinum trophy.

I also have to say: playing this really makes me want to re-play Persona 3!


That's it for this blog. Thanks for reading!

As usual, if you have any questions / comments, feel free.

Take care, have a good week, and until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment