Translate

Thursday 31 January 2019

BLOG -- Recap of January

January started off very busy... then a bit slow... then super, super cold. My mind's been checked out almost all week this week, 'cuz all I think about when I get to the office is getting back home as soon as possible.

I can't wait for Spring to come!


Outings/Events in January:
- Hung out with friends overall x5.

- Had a dentist appointment... ;__;

- Played a prank on a co-worker friend. I definitely needed more eyes! Hehehe :3

- Did an escape room with some co-worker buddies and family. We did Nyctophobia at Omescape Scarborough. We made it out, wheeee!

- Survived a sad, sad snow day. It started snowing around noon and didn't stop at all for the rest of the day.

- Had a revelatory dream. I won't share it, hahaha.

Had a last-minute vacation day.

- Stayed over at my sister's place x0.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn achievements / news: 
-My subscription is still expired.

Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius achievements / news: 
-My rank is currently 176 (yay I can leave the game alone for 14 hours 50 mins)
-I took a risk and chose Ang from that Fan Festa summon


Exposures:
- (Restaurant): Star King -- This has pretty yummy fried rice.

- (Food place): Cacao 70 -- It's pricey, but I enjoyed what I tried.

- (Mobile game): Food Fantasy -- I tried this out while searching for SINoALICE. The story and characters aren't very interesting, but the unit designs are really nice and cute.


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse -- This was amaaaaaaaazing.

- (Movie): Cannibal Holocaust -- I steeled myself before watching this movie. The animal mutilation scenes were horrible and some scenes were really off-putting. But -- I really liked the overall message. If you can get past the uneasy parts, there is a bit more to this movie.

- (Movie): Good Time -- Before watching the movie, I had no idea what it was about. It's really well put-together. Robert Pattison at his best!

- (Movie): Say Anything -- It was okay. I liked a few of the messages.

- (Movie): Split -- This was very, very good. Highly recommended, for an M.Night Shyamalan movie!

- (Movie): Main Street -- I watched this for Colin Firth. It had potential, but overall -- a terrible movie.

- (Movie): The Florida Project -- While I think I understood the main idea, and can acknowledge that it was shot well, I didn't really like the movie. I thought Moonee and her mother were so annoying.

- (Movie): Brigsby Bear -- This was a very interesting concept. I really enjoyed it.


Playing:
- (PS4): Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness -- I reached one ending so I'm counting it. It was a little slow to get into, but gets interesting later on. I wish I knew that the game came after the anime... but oh well. I'll be playing this more times to see the other endings.


Reading:
- (Book): Your name. by Makoto Shinkai -- This was very light and enjoyable. It's very similar to the movie with several nuances.

- (Book): Your name. Another Side: Earthbound by Arata Kanoh -- It was a bit slow-paced at certain parts, but overall it was very interesting. Yotsuha's perspective was really amusing. 


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS4): Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below
- (PS4): iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars
- (PS4): Fez
- (PS4): Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
- (PS4): Nights of Azure
- (PS4): Plague Inc.: Evolved
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (PS2): Drakengard
- (PS2): Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis
- (Xbox 360): Magna Carta II
- (3DS): Story of Seasons
- (3DS): Culdcept Revolt
- (3DS): Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (PSP): Persona
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend
- (PC): Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)


Watching:
- (TV Show): The Walking Dead (Season 7)
- (TV Show): Orphan Black (Season 3)
- (TV Show): Criminal Minds (Season 12 - Episode 22)
- (TV Show): Six Feet Under (Season 1 - Episode 3)
- (TV Show): X-Files (Season 11)
- (TV Show): The Strain (Season 2)
- (TV Show): Galavant (Season 1 - Episode 5)
- (TV Show): Game of Thrones (Season 8)
- (TV Show): The Office (Season 4)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (episode 3)
(Anime): Attack on Titan: Season 2 (episode 8)
- (YouTube): StephenVlogs (Day 501 -- woot, I passed 500 days!)


Reading:
- (Comic): Bodie Troll by Jay Fosgitt


That's it for January. Here are a few pics I took this month.

A crepe from Cacao 70.
It was yummy!

The horrible snow day we had. I was so "traumatized" that 
I requested a last minute vacation day the next day.

A random pic from Psycho-Pass.
This was totally unexpected!

A shot of the prank I played.


Thanks for reading!

As usual, if you have any questions / comments about anything, feel free. :)

Stay warm, take care, and until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment