Translate

Sunday 3 February 2019

THOUGHTS [TV SHOW] -- Game of Thrones Season 3 *SPOILERS*

Just like in my previous Game of Throne entries, this entry will contain SPOILERS!! So please don't read unless you have watched Season 3!

For my thoughts on the previous seasons: 
Season 2
Season 1


OVERALL THOUGHTS ON SEASON 3
I think -- there are way too many weddings in Game of Thrones! It kinda upsets me that a person's "rest of their life" can be sooo... dependent upon another's decision or for the good of the current cause or for the good of the family or for whatever reason they come up with to have the person marry somebody they don't care for. I can understand it, but I don't like it. In this way, I have a lot of respect for Robb for marrying the one he loves. It also made his death and Talisa's death so, soooo much more sad... I'll touch more on the Red Wedding a bit later.

In Season 3 I was fearful for so many of the characters' lives. I was scared that Shae would be found out by Cersei or Tywin... I was scared that Jon wouldn't make it over the wall... I was scared for Brandon since now he is on a journey as well... and I'm always scared for Tyrion's safety.

It was really too bad (and sad) that Jon and Ygritte ended up being apart on opposing sides. They really do love each other so much...

For Theon -- I just feel sorry for him now. I can't imagine how it would feel to think you escaped from brutal torture -- only to be led back to the same place of torture -- and then to be soo much more brutally tortured. I had to squint my eyes during some of those torture scenes.

I'm kinda finding Arya's journey a little slow. I wanna see her use her sword skills that she learned from Syrio (the sword dancer). I was really hoping for her to re-unite with Robb, but I guess it was a good thing she didn't in the end...

Okay, my thoughts on the Red Wedding. I had heard the term years ago on Facebook, but I had no idea what it meant for Game of Thrones. Initially I thought it was just a wedding theme -- that the wedding decorations and dresses would be red-coloured. I had NO IDEA that it meant the wedding guests would be slaughtered!

As soon as the doors closed (right before the string music started), I had this ominous feeling. Catelyn's expression when the string music started confirmed my ominous feeling. And then... so much sadness. I think Talisa's death was one of the worst -- just knowing that her unborn child was also killed.

I do have one teensy nitpick with the Red Wedding scene -- maybe it was intentional, but it didn't work for me. It was the shot after Robb is dealt the final blow and Catelyn screams and kills Frey's wife. Then the shot zooms a bit on Catelyn and then sits... and sits... and sits... and then Catelyn's throat is slit. For me, that long pause on Catelyn didn't work at all and took away some of the emotional impact when Catelyn is killed. 



FAVOURITE SCENES / MOMENTS
-When Daenerys buys the Unsullied and speaks Valyrian for the first time, giving them the orders to kill all masters and free slaves. Her theme song goes so perfectly with that scene.

-When Tyrion tells Sansa he won't consummate the marriage unless she wants him to. What a gentleman! Shae's smile when she takes Sansa's bed sheets the next morning and realizes they didn't consummate was a nice moment, too.

-When Ygritte has her bow aimed at Jon and Jon says, "I do know some things -- I know I love you. I know you love me". Ygritte's expressions to his words looked so genuine -- I could feel her heart ache as she had her bow on him.



CHARACTERS - EXTRA THOUGHTS / IMPRESSIONS
Tyrion -- He is still my favourite. I love that he fights back against Joffrey.

Stannis -- He's a jerk! I just had to say that.

Lady Olenna -- I like her bluntness.

Jojen Reed -- I liked Thomas Brodie-Sangster's acting in the Maze Runner movies so I was waiting for his character to show up here.

Ramsay -- I can't decide who is more cruel... Ramsay or Joffrey.

Jon -- I joked with a co-worker friend that Jon looked hot -- but he has actually become quite hot over the past seasons, hahaha. He's a good guy.

Jaime -- He helped Brienne a couple times so I've stopped condemning his character for pushing Brandon out the window. I still don't forgive it, though!


And that's it for this blog! Thanks for reading :)

Next week I should be blogging about something Valentine-themed, and the week after should be continuing with Game of Thrones.

If you have any thoughts about Season 1-3, even disagreements, feel free to comment. But PLEASE keep any comments within Season 1-3! If you really need to speak about something from the later seasons, please mark it somehow. It's not really for me, but for anybody else who may be reading this entry and are not yet caught up with all the seasons. There's also a comment/message box to the right and those messages should be sent to me directly.


Take care and until the next entry! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment