Translate

Sunday 17 January 2021

BLOG -- My Movie-Watching History (in Theatres) [2020]

Here is my movie-watching (in theatres) history for 2020. Sadly, I didn't get to watch many in theatres due to the pandemic (I started working from home around mid-March and was very much stuck at home from that point). 

There were a couple movies I wanted to watch during the pandemic, but I didn't look into how to actually watch them because I kinda figured that you'd need to have access to streaming services. I'm not subscribed to any services except for Crunchyroll and I don't want to start subscribing to them now. Sadly I don't know if I'd have much time to make the most of those streaming services if I subscribed. Also, if I subscribed to multiple the overall cost each month could get pretty pricey.

With the pandemic still going on, I wonder if I will get to watch any new movies this year. Between watching movies in theatres or watching movies at home, I'd prefer watching movies in theatres, provided that other movie-goers behave decently and don't disrupt the movie-watching experience (no talking loudly over the movie or stuff like that).

I guess if I get desperate maybe I'll subscribe to one streaming service to watch movies. One movie that's coming up that I really want to see this year is The King's Man, the prequel to the Kingsman movies. I don't know if it'll be good or bad, but I gotta watch it.


SPOILER ALERT WARNING!!
There could be slight spoilers when I list the movies I've watched (not many this year). Any movies that will contain a spoiler will be marked.




MOVIE: Knives Out [SPOILER]
DATE: January 15, 2020
RATING (OUT OF 5): ****

COMMENTS: Watching this a second time, I cried more. This was a truly wonderful, tragic, yet fun movie.

************************************************************************************


MOVIE: Weathering With You [SPOILER]
DATE: January 15, 2020
RATING (OUT OF 5): *****

COMMENTS: As good as the first watching. Visuals were still so stunning and the soundtrack was great. I missed the cameos on the first watching, but I caught them on the second watch.

***********************************************************************************
*


MOVIE: Parasite
DATE: February 17, 2020
RATING (OUT OF 5): *****

COMMENTS: Third time watching. Still so awesome. If you have not watched it yet -- watch it, please!

************************************************************************************


MOVIE: JoJo Rabbit
DATE: February 6, 2020
RATING (OUT OF 5): ****

COMMENTS: There were some heart-warming moments.

************************************************************************************


MOVIE: The Invisible Man
DATE: March 10, 2020
RATING (OUT OF 5): ***

COMMENTS: Definitely some plot holes, but I jumped a few times in my seat.

***********************************************************************************
*
Movies I wanted to watch but missed:
Bill & Ted: Face the Music
Wonder Woman 1984


Movies I wanted to watch, BUT GLAD that I missed:
Mulan
Monster Hunter

For fun, below is a video:

Chris Stuckmann's review on Monster Hunter.

************************************************************************************

That's it for this blog. Thanks for reading! If you have any comments about anything (even if you greatly disagree with anything I've said, or if this made you think about the movies you've watched and want to share), feel free to comment! :)

Stay safe, take care, and until next time! *e-hug*

No comments:

Post a Comment