Translate

Sunday 8 March 2020

Weekly Thoughts #8 -- Cleaning My Room; Beating Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls

Since I lost an hour today due to daylight savings time, I'm gonna try to keep this week's blog short and sweet. As I usually say in my Weekly Thoughts blog, this may not be very interesting for you!

Cleaning My Room
Cleaning my room is one of my New Year's Resolutions (with the aim of half of the floor being bare), and I already know that this will be one of my more difficult resolutions to accomplish.

I hate to say it, but my room is very, very, very messy. I think part of it is because I tend to have interests across multiple genres and in multiple formats and platforms. For example, I like playing video games for various consoles / handhelds; I like reading manga, novels, graphic novels; I like watching anime, movies, TV shows; I like character figures and other fan-made / official random things. As a result, I've amassed a very... varied collection... and unfortunately my room is not large enough for me to display everything. 

A couple solutions I've thought about involve either playing "Tetris" better in my room (stack more boxes and line them up better) or ... throwing out some of my stuff. I actually don't mind doing the latter as long as I know I'm fine with letting it go. I've mentioned this before in earlier blogs that I have a lot of stuff I haven't experienced yet, so most times I don't know if it's something I'm fine with throwing out (hence my resolution to spend at 750 hours going through my media collection).

If you are in a similar situation as me, how do you go about cleaning your room? :3 

Beating Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
I just beat and platinumed this game last night on the PS4 (yes! I can finally get to playing Danganronpa V3!), and I gotta say... that was quite a ride. I generally like things a bit twisted (I don't know why -- I guess I'm just weird), but in all my years of playing video games (that I can recall), Ultra Despair Girls is probably THE MOST twisted game I've ever played. 

Being a spin-off of the Danganronpa series, a video game series with already a twisted premise, I had expected some level of shock and rawness when I started Ultra Despair Girls. I just never thought it'd be that extreme. It's not particularly a bad thing... but it was very surprising for me. 

In a nutshell, the premise for Ultra Despair Girls is this:

Kids have unleashed deadly mechanical robots to kill adults on an island city. You play a teenage girl who ends up fighting the robots and trying to beat the kid ringleaders. 

On the surface, it seems clear-cut that it's a "Good vs. Evil" scenario, but as you play through the game and learn more about each character and their situation, it's not so black and white anymore. This game can possibly make you question what would be the "right" thing -- maybe even to suggest there is no absolute "right" thing. And all the while, the extremities of the situation are shown in "all its glory" wherever you go...

All in all, I enjoyed Ultra Despair Girls and would recommend this game... but ONLY if you think you can handle all the twistiness -- and if you've played the first Danganronpa game and enjoyed it. If I feel I need to say more about this game, I might do a spoiler blog for it.

I won't start Danganronpa V3 right away, but I'll be excited whenever I get to it!


That's it for this blog. Thank you for reading!! If you have any questions or comments about anything, feel free. You can also send me a message via the Contact Form. Just note that if I respond, I would do so through my alternate e-mail address.

Stay safe, take care, and until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment