Translate

Friday 1 March 2019

BLOG -- Recap of February

I was very happy to get some vacation this month to keep me away from the cold, cold winter. February had its ups and downs. Yesterday was particularly downing for me as I was in the office working until around 10:45 PM.


Outings/Events in February:
- Hung out with friends overall x6.

- Had a week-long vacation using vacation days carried over from last year

- Had a game day with my sister, her hubby, and a friend

- Made some chocolates with my sister for Valentine's Day... twice!

- Had a gaming day with a friend online as a late birthday celebration.

I was hit on literally last night (February 28) around 11:14 PM by a random guy while waiting for the subway. He said he wanted to buy me a drink and that he liked me (upon first meeting?? I don't know if I really believe that...). I guess I appreciated the gesture... but I had to get home to get ready for work the next day.

- Stayed over at my sister's place x1.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn achievements / news: 
-I've re-subbed and did the Valentione Day event.

Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius achievements / news: 
-My rank is currently 178 (yay I can leave the game alone for 14 hours 55 mins)
-I summoned Tifa from the FFVII banner
-I actually haven't been playing this as religiously as before. Maybe I'll share my thoughts about that sometime


Exposures:
- (Food place): Chi Chop -- A pretty decent Taiwanese place.

- (Card game): Tanto Cuore -- After reading the rules and getting down the basic gameplay, this was very enjoyable. Lots and lots of maids, though! Hahaha.


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): Glass -- I was pretty split on what to think about this movie. It was baddd, but had some good scenes. James McAvoy was the saving grace. I hated the last 30 minutes.

- (Movie): Blade Runner -- It was good. I liked some of the themes. For some reason, it reminded me of the Armitage III anime series.

- (Movie): The Great Gatsby -- It was just okay. Daisy doesn't deserve a guy like Gatsby.

- (Movie): D.O.A.: Dead or Alive -- Pretty cheesy, but entertaining. The scene with Tina and Christie was really funny. It got me just a little interested in the Dead or Alive video game series, haha.

- (Movie): 1408 -- This was quite creepy. A little over the top close to the end though.

- (Movie): Clue -- This had potential but was way too silly in the end. I watched all endings and liked Ending A the most.

- (Movie): Audition -- I avoided watching this for the longest time, 'cuz my sister strongly recommended that I not watch it. Well -- I'm not sure what to make of this movie. Definitely some disturbing scenes and effective atmosphere... but the overall tone felt jarring. It was probably intentional, hahaha.

- (Anime - OVA): Attack on Titan: Junior High -- This was very unnecessary. But it was cute.

- (Anime - OVA): Corpse Party: Tortured Souls -- Animated horror and gore usually don't affect me the same way as live-action horror / gore, but this one affected me a lot for some reason. Overall, the story and characterizations were too rushed. I'd highly recommend playing the video game for a more immersive experience and to possibly see a better ending. The opening theme sounds nice, though.

- (Anime - OVA): Corpse Party: Missing Footage -- This was 11 minutes of unnecessary meh.


Playing:
- (PS4): Undertale -- This game... I love it with my SOUL. It fills me with DETERMINATION. I've reached two endings and am currently watching a YouTube playthrough of the third ending ('cuz I just can't bring myself to play through that ending). I am definitely going to review this in the future! <3 <3 <3


Reading:
- (Manga): Acute by Shiori Asahina -- A little clunky for reading flow. The art is really cute, though, and the ending surprised me a little


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS4): Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below
- (PS4): iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars
- (PS4): Fez
- (PS4): Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
- (PS4): Nights of Azure
- (PS4): Plague Inc.: Evolved
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (PS2): Drakengard
- (PS2): Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis
- (Xbox 360): Magna Carta II
- (3DS): Story of Seasons
- (3DS): Culdcept Revolt
- (3DS): Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (PSP): Persona
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend
- (PC): Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)


Watching:
- (TV Show): The Walking Dead (Season 7)
- (TV Show): Orphan Black (Season 3)
- (TV Show): Criminal Minds (Season 12 - Episode 22)
- (TV Show): Six Feet Under (Season 1 - Episode 3)
- (TV Show): X-Files (Season 11)
- (TV Show): The Strain (Season 2)
- (TV Show): Galavant (Season 1 - Episode 5)
- (TV Show): Game of Thrones (Season 8)
- (TV Show): The Office (Season 6 - Episode 19)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (episode 3)
(Anime): Attack on Titan: Season 2 (episode 8)
- (YouTube): StephenVlogs (Day 557 -- I've been stalling for the past week on watching this episode!)


Reading:
- (Comic): Bodie Troll by Jay Fosgitt


That's it for February. Here are a few pics I took this month plus a YouTube video.

A shot of us playing Tanto Cuore.
Do you see all the maids? :3

i got Tifa!

There was a Bayonetta collaboration going on with the Dx2 game.
I still need to play the Bayonetta series!

"I've Been Waiting" by Lil Peep & ILoveMakonnen feat. Fall Out Boy.
I think the song is really catchy and some of the lyrics give nice imagery.
RIP Lil Peep.


Thanks for reading!

As usual, if you have any questions / comments about anything, feel free. :)

Take care and until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment