Translate

Sunday 31 March 2019

BLOG -- Recap of March

Well... aside from all my late nights in the office, March was mainly a movie-watching month for me, which was really nice. I surprised myself -- I didn't realize how many movies I watched until I did this blog. All the late nights, though... well -- I've been barely awake, hahaha... @_____@


Outings/Events in March:
- Hung out with friends overall x4.

- Attended Marianas Trench concert in Toronto

- Visited a friend's new place

- Had a gaming session with a friend, where he was going through a couple of my text-based games and I was observing his choices. I really appreciated it! xDDD

- I watched a movie in theatres after work for three days' straight. Then I proceeded to work 12-13 hours the next two days to "make up for leaving at 5 PM" (*sigh*). The former was really awesome and fun, though!

- Met a stranger through random circumstances (no subway service between our stops and three shuttle buses passed us straight by). We ended up eating out while waiting for the service to come back on. It was quite pleasant, yet very random, and very unlikely to happen again, hahaha.

- Joined the "cooking club" at work. I am such a noob at cooking.

- I tried doing a "no potato chip" challenge at the start of this month. I failed within two weeks 'cuz I ordered guacamole, forgetting that it would come with tortilla chips. I'm gonna try again in April.

I subscribed to Crave to get myself ready for the upcoming Game of Thrones season. Since then, I've made a point to watch something from Crave at least once a week. Once Game of Thrones is done, I intend to unsubscribe and go through the rest of my media backlog. Let's hope I actually stick to it!

- Stayed over at my sister's place x0.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn achievements / news: 
-I haven't really done much.

Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius achievements / news: 
-My rank is currently 179 (yay I can leave the game alone for 14 hours 55 mins)
-I did a mass 7-star awakening on multiple units one weekend 'cuz I reached max gil
-I haven't been doing much summonings -- I'm saving my lapis for a banner I really want (which is not Xenogears... 'cuz I never played Xenogears back in the day)


Exposures:
- (Website): 10 Kernels -- This is a film review site, managed by one of my friends. The reviews are fairly short and sweet, but written quite expressively -- and they don't go into spoiler territory, which I appreciate very much! The reviews cover a mix of known and lesser known titles, so totally worth checking out, especially for movie lovers (like me, hahaha)! :3 

- (Video Game): Frost -- This is a card-based survival strategy game. I tried it a few times but kept dying on "Easy" difficulty. Sadly -- not worth my time.

- (Food place): Chris Jerk -- This is a jerk chicken place. The food is really yummy.


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): Alita: Battle Angel -- It felt like a very long movie, but for the most part I enjoyed it. I really liked the tunnel scene close to the end, but I didn't care at all for the motor ball sport (was that in the manga?).

- (Movie): How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World -- I thought this was better than the second movie.

- (Movie): The Favourite -- This was really good. Emma Stone was really, really great!

- (Movie): Captain Marvel -- I had no idea there was a bunch of controversy with Captain MarvelIt had some good moments. Otherwise, a pretty generic Marvel movie. 

- (Movie): Cruel Intentions -- Just mentioning this old movie that I've seen many, many times in the past because I saw it for the first time in theatres this month. It was a showing to celebrate its 20th anniversary. It is still one of my personal favourites! <3

- (Movie): Train to Busan -- This was good. Not scary as I was originally thinking, but clever with nice emotional moments. Highly recommended for at least one watching!

- (Movie): Pitch Perfect 3 -- The only good thing was the music. Everything else was pretty much meh, which is really unfortunate.

- (Movie): Fifty Shades Freed -- Finally I finish this movie series. Not as cringy as Fifty Shades Darker, but soooo much drama (bleh). I'm so glad I don't have to think about this series anymore.

- (Movie): Patient Zero -- It was an interesting premise, but bad execution. I had no care for any of the characters.

- (Movie): Talladega Nights -- It had some moments, but pretty meh.

- (Movie): You Don't Mess With The Zohan -- Very meh. It was just okay.

- (Movie): Ruby Sparks -- This is a unique premise, but was handled in a realistic and relatable way. Some moments were hard to watch.

- (Movie): Red Sparrow -- It was pretty easy to follow, up until the second half. Then it got confusing. I liked the climax.

- (Movie): Hesher -- ... This did not click with me at all. I get the feeling that Joseph Gordon-Levitt enjoyed playing his character, though. Also, I only saw Dwight in Rainn Wilson's character... 

- (Movie): American Animals -- This was really interesting. Parts of the storytelling were pretty unique, in my opinion.

- (Movie): Love & Mercy -- This was really good. The acting was amazing and the music was great. What a story.

- (Movie): A Ghost Story -- This dragged in some parts, and was confusing partway through... but there are some interesting ideas / perspectives in it.


Playing:
- (PS4): Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below -- I could have beaten this game last year or the year before, but I really wanted the "Puff-Puff" trophy before doing so. This is a pretty fun game!


Reading:
- Nothing this month


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS4): Dark Cloud
- (PS4): iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars
- (PS4): Fez
- (PS4): Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
- (PS4): Nights of Azure
- (PS4): Plague Inc.: Evolved
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (PS2): Drakengard
- (PS2): Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis
- (Xbox 360): Magna Carta II
- (Xbox 360): Fable III
- (3DS): Story of Seasons
- (3DS): Culdcept Revolt
- (3DS): Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker
- (3DS): Miitopia
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (PSP): Persona
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend
- (PC): Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)


Watching:
- (TV Show): The Walking Dead (Season 7)
- (TV Show): Orphan Black (Season 3)
- (TV Show): Criminal Minds (Season 12 - Episode 22)
- (TV Show): Six Feet Under (Season 1 - Episode 3)
- (TV Show): X-Files (Season 11)
- (TV Show): The Strain (Season 2)
- (TV Show): Galavant (Season 1 - Episode 5)
- (TV Show): Game of Thrones (Season 8)
- (TV Show): The Office (Season 7)
- (TV Show): The Goldbergs (Season 3 - Episode 7)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (episode 3)
(Anime): Attack on Titan: Season 3 (episode 1)
- (YouTube): StephenVlogs (Day 586)


Reading:
- (Comic): Bodie Troll by Jay Fosgitt
- (Novel): The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood


That's it for March. Here are a few pics I took this month plus a YouTube video.

The first recipe we did for the "cooking club".
It was originally sweet potato curry (Indian curry I think), 
but I opted to do Japanese curry instead.


The second recipe we did for the "cooking club".
The recipe was baked chicken parmesan.
It was my first time handling raw chicken (or meat for that matter).

My movie ticket for Cruel Intentions.
Finally, I have a ticket to put in my Cruel Intentions DVD! :)

Screenshot of Dx2 with the Devil May Cry 5 collaboration.
Even though the art styles are so different, I think it works pretty well together. 


I have a Black Frost, whee! xD

My first Super Trust Master Reward (STMR) in FFBE!
Mobs will have to watch out for my dangerous Beach Umbrella!
Mwa ha ha ha!


"Casually Explained: Evolution III - Life as a Video Game" by Casually Explained.
I like all the sarcastic truths. This may be slightly offensive to some.


Thanks for reading!

As usual, if you have any questions / comments about anything, feel free. :)

I implied this very briefly in my last blog, but my computer is dying (it takes me multiple presses on the power button to turn the computer on). So if my computer conks out completely before I get a new one, next week's blog (and maybe the week after) could get delayed.


Take care (to not get pranked tomorrow!) and until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment