Translate

Saturday 23 March 2019

THOUGHTS [TV SHOW] -- Game of Thrones Season 7 **SPOILERS**

Just like in my previous Game of Throne entries, this entry will contain SPOILERS!! So please don't read unless you have watched Season 7!

For my thoughts on the previous seasons:
Season 6
Season 5
Season 4
Season 3 
Season 2
Season 1


OVERALL THOUGHTS ON SEASON 7
Finally -- all the character storylines converge! And the reunions I had been wanting since Season 2 finally happen (the Stark siblings)! There were fewer episodes in Season 7, but so much information got revealed, and so many things just happened

Before starting Season 7, I told myself to watch with the mindset that "all bets are off" -- that anything could happen to anybody. I mean, it's getting towards the end -- the competition has to get thinner. So I watched and worried over my favourite characters whenever they found themselves in a dangerous situation (ahh, Jon... darn your reckless, selfless righteousness! You're still so hot, though! Hahaha <3).

As mentioned earlier, I was so happy to see the Stark siblings re-united. I was a little worried for Arya's reunion since the guard didn't believe her identity, and because she had been so close two times before and missed re-uniting with them (first time was with Robb, and second time with Sansa). 

Littlefinger's meddling in trying to make Arya and Sansa turn against each other was so annoying... which made his comeuppance soooooooooooooooo goooooooooooooood. I say a little more on this in my "Favourite Scenes / Moments" section.

I was very sad when one of Daenerys' dragons died to the White Walkers. Daenerys really loved them as her children. I wonder how she will react when she sees it as a White Walker in Season 8... I'm almost certain that is going to happen!

I found Tormund's attraction to Brienne pretty amusing. I just liked how openly honest and blunt he was. So this is how he's like when he's smitten, hahaha. :3

About Cersei -- I knew she was going to get pregnant this season! I mean, she and Jaime had been getting it on in past seasons after Robert Baratheon died, and even in this season. She may be cold and calculating... but I don't think she thinks too far enough ahead to consider the consequences of her actions sometimes. Now she is pregnant, but with no husband to hide the identity of the true father, as she was able to do with her previous children. It seemed like she didn't care if others saw her and Jaime's intimate relationship during one episode, but does she really feel that?

My thoughts about Jon being revealed as a Targaryen, ultimately making his and Daenerys' relationship as... nephew and aunt: Well -- I personally think that was a cop-out. That the reveal was made just so Jon had a justifiable, legitimate right to the Iron throne -- and it didn't consider the consequences of his relationship with Daenerys. I mean -- what if their familial ties became the reason for not pursuing each other romantically? That would suck, in my opinion. 



FAVOURITE SCENES / MOMENTS
-When Varys says his loyalties lie with the people. I love his words. I love Daenerys' response to him as well.

-Every interaction between Jon and Daenerys. I think they're really cute together. When Daenerys is at Jon's bedside after the fight with the White Walkers and Jon calls Daenerys his Queen, I was so touched.

-Arya getting her revenge on House Frey. She is so awesome and deadly.

-Littlefinger's trial. I've re-watched that scene many times now. Arya's "I'm-not-gonna-listen-to-your-B.S." deathblow was just THE best.



CHARACTERS - EXTRA THOUGHTS / IMPRESSIONS
Tyrion -- He is still my favourite. I sure hope he survives Season 8!

Euron -- What a jerk. He thinks he's all that? No -- just no *shudder*

Jaime -- I like that he's trying to veer more towards the side of... being an honourable knight. Props to Brienne for showing him how it's done!


And that's it for this blog! Thanks for reading :)

One more blog and then I'll be done my Game of Thrones-related blogs -- at least until Season 8 starts... maybe.

If you have any thoughts about Season 1-7, even disagreements, feel free to comment. But PLEASE keep any comments within Season 1-7! If you really need to speak about something from the later season (.i.e. you are reading this from the future and have already watched Season 8!), please mark it somehow. There's also a comment/message box to the right and those messages should be sent to me directly.



Take care and until the next entry! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment