Translate

Sunday 3 March 2019

THOUGHTS [TV SHOW] -- Game of Thrones Season 5 *SPOILERS*

Just like in my previous Game of Throne entries, this entry will contain SPOILERS!! So please don't read unless you have watched Season 5!

For my thoughts on the previous seasons:
Season 4
Season 3 
Season 2
Season 1


OVERALL THOUGHTS ON SEASON 5
I almost quit after the end of Season 5. I mean -- Jon dies... what's the point in watching any more? Overall, as with past seasons, Season 5 was done well -- great acting, turning plot points, and such. But it had several moments that I did not enjoy seeing.

Below is a list of moments I did not enjoy seeing (from what I can remember):

1. Shireen being burned alive. Her screams will likely be the most haunting of all screams in the entire series.

2. Daenerys not giving mercy and having Mossodor being executed. Why can't anybody show mercy on this show? Hahaha...

3. Ramsay "consummating" his marriage with Sansa. Sadly, I find it kinda ironic that Sansa was able to escape marriage with Joffrey -- was able to escape losing her virginity to Tyrion -- but could not escape either of those from Ramsay, the cruelest man in the show.

4. Jon getting stabbed multiple times! Omg, whyyy??!! When Samwell told Olly "Sometimes a man has to make hard choices -- choices that might look wrong to others, but you know are right in the long run", I had a feeling that Olly would misinterpret it in a way that would suit his own perspectives (i.e. that killing off the Lord Commander might seem wrong to many, but you know is the right thing in the long run). That was a huuuuge foreshadow to Jon's demise.

On top of all those moments I didn't enjoy seeing, I didn't really enjoy the episodes with the High Sparrow and anything in the Sept. I can see them being necessary to further plot points and character developments, but I just didn't enjoy them. Cersei made a mistake "funding" that group with weapons to enforce their beliefs.

Arya's time in Braavos was not what I was expecting, but was pretty interesting. I kinda thought she'd be well on her way to becoming an assassin, but I guess everybody has to start from the very beginning.

And I just have to say: where was Brandon in Season 5? He reached the tree in Season 4 and then we don't see anything for his story in Season 5? Did the actor take a year off? I wanted to know more about his story. 



FAVOURITE SCENES / MOMENTS
-Any conversations between Tyrion and Daenerys. I like how their conversations are so serious, but come off as playful.

-When Cersei was unexpectedly "arrested" and locked up at the Sept. Finally, something bad happens to her.

-When Myrcella told Jaime that she knew Jaime was her father and she was fine with it. It's really too sad that she died right after -- the only Lannister death so far that was truly "undeserving".

-When Jon turned down Melisandre's advances, saying that he still loved Ygritte.

-When Tyrion realized that he couldn't have sex with that woman. I guess he's still thinking of Shae...



CHARACTERS - EXTRA THOUGHTS / IMPRESSIONS
Tyrion -- He is still my favourite! It's too bad he doesn't do too much in this season.

Theon -- Glad he finally did something good and helped Sansa escape.

Samwell -- I like that he's coming to his own.

Jon -- I like his blossoming friendship with Tormund. And he is still very hot! Hahaha.

Melisandre -- I hope she'll suffer the same fate as those she sacrificed! Her recommendation of burning Shireen made me so angry.


And that's it for this blog! Thanks for reading :)

If you have any thoughts about Season 1-5, even disagreements, feel free to comment. But PLEASE keep any comments within Season 1-5! If you really need to speak about something from the later seasons, please mark it somehow. It's not really for me, but for anybody else who may be reading this entry and are not yet caught up with all the seasons. There's also a comment/message box to the right and those messages should be sent to me directly.



Take care and until the next entry! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment